Sunday, September 26, 2010

Whey Don't We Keep Reading?

I've always loved the verse Jeremiah 29:11. During those tough high school times when I didn't quite know what God was doing or through college when I wasn't sure why He was making me wait so long, this verse was always a comfort to me. I always felt like it was "my verse." However it has become more and more popular. Which is fine, I want the word of God to be popular and for other people to find comfort in this verse just like I have. But I wonder, why don't we keep reading? I love verses 12-13. I was standing out on our deck just watching the beautiful sunset. Why did God create that? For our enjoyment. So that we could enjoy the beauty of it. And as this is a big week for me, waiting to hear about job oppourtunities and what God's future plan is for my life (well at least the immediate plan no matter how long) God was speaking this verse to me:

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not ot harm you, plans to give you hope and a fture. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:11-13

I need to call on His name and He will listen to me. He'll listen to me if I'll only ask Him too. During frustrations and anxieties and uncertaininties in life, God is there. He will never leave me nor forsake me.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." -John 14:27

Aren't we so blessed to serve a God who will give us that peace? That peace that passes all understanding? If there is one thing I've learned from this whole journey of unemployment is that God is a faithful God. He will not let me down. The world will let me down, but I serve a God who wont. He has not let me fall on my face yet. This is a powerful song by Heather Williams that really hit me when I needed it most. God is so cool how He does that. : )

2 comments:

  1. I love that!! Great point about how we should keep reading too! Love those verses! Thanks for posting this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. goooood word. thx for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...