Saturday, September 11, 2010

Little Update on Life


So I've been waiting to update so that hopefully I could update with exciting news but not happening so far. I've been done with Mission Meadows for almost a month now and have been in the super fun job search. I applied for a job the end of July, interviewd for it, thought I had a really good chance of getting it and then finally about a week and a half ago, I found out that I did not get it. I was in the top 2, but they picked the other applicant who had a little more experience than me. So it took over a month from when I applied to when I finally heard that I didn't get it. I'm honestly at peace about it. I was a little disappointed because well everyone is disappointed when you get rejected from something. But it was a very good job and I'm honestly not looking to stay in this area for probably much more than a year. Therefore I would have felt very guilty leaving it in a year especially when they asked me what my "5 year plan is." HAHAH, how am I supposed to know? I follow God and He does some crazy things and one of those is NOT giving me a 5 year plan. : ) I was even to the point of not sure if I would take the job or not if they offered it to me because I didn't feel "right" about it. So... the search continues. Another caseworker position in foster care in Jamestown opened up about 2 weeks ago, I've applied but still have yet to hear anything. Also applied for another social work related job a few days ago but again, nothing yet. So the wait continues. It's just so hard when I'm used to having a "on the move" all the time schedule and here I have days filled with nothing to do. It's tough. It's tough finding my purpose right now.

One thing I know though is that through this all that God is in control. Even though I would like a job soon and would like to be able to move out of my parent's house soon, God is in control. I wish He would worry it up some but I know that it's all in His timing, not mine. One verse that continues to be a reminder to me these past few weeks is 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.

"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will not boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

I am also just reminded in the way the Lord has blessed me. I have a home, I have an amazing family, and just incredible people in my life. As I was just told recently, "You've done your part, now let God do His."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...