Thursday, August 5, 2010

Latest News

It's so hard to believe that I have been back in the states for almost 3 months now. How did that happen? Also that fact that I'm back up at Mission Meadows where I was last year when I knew God was calling me to China. Crazy being back here after China. It has been an incredible summer though. This summer has really challenged and stretched me a lot. I had the priviledge of being not only the waterfront director which is the position that I have held here for the past 2 summers but also the female staff chaplain. This means that pretty much I get to hang out with the female staff, pray with them, encourage them, and I get paid for it! This summer has been tough though too. It was hard having spent 4 months of my life in China, being back about 3 weeks and moving up to camp for the summer. I was still working through so many things that had happened in China that it was a lot to take in. I've also never been in a ministry role before. I mean I have worked in ministry but never as the main person that people go to. It was definately overwhelming at first and it takes time to build those friendships and that trust with people. However, I have loved my job. I've loved being able to minister to the girls and just be someone they can talk too. Also being able to encourage them to rely on Jesus and His guidance. I have made some amazing friendships and had some wonderful conversations. God has been with me each step of the way. When I don't know what to say or how to say it, God gives me the words or else tells me to be silent and just listen. : )  I don't always have the answers and that is okay. I have just over a week left here for the summer and it's bittersweet. I'm ready for the summer to be over but sad as well. It has definately been a growing summer.
 
I know that I mentioned a few days ago that I had applied for a job. Well I got a call on Tuesday afternoon and I have an interview next Thursday (August 12th)!!! I'm excited, nervous, anxious, and so many other emotions. However I know that through all of this that the Lord will guide me. If this is the job that He wants me to have then I know that it will happen and if not, I konw that He will provide the next step for me. I'm glad that I have time to prepare but part of me is just really anxious for the interview to happen. The position is for training/recruiting foster/adoptive parents in the area and something I think I would really love doing. Please keep me in your prayers. I will keep you all updated!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't sleep so I thought I'd catch up on some blog reading. I already knew about your interview from your email and have lifted you up in prayer. How did it go? Any word yet? Praying that He guides you to the next role/position He has for your life. Whatever that is, I know you will give it your all and glorify Him!

    Also praying for Jeff and that God is with him during this time. And for you during your time apart...I'm sure it's been even harder with him in the hospital, but praying he is whole and better soon.

    God bless you, Anneli! <><

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...