Monday, February 1, 2010

Skyping with adoptive family

I had a really neat experience today. Technology makes everything easier (okay well not all the time but a lot of the time). So there is this little boy named Andrew who has been matched with a family in the states. I'm not sure exactly when he will be adopted, I think the're hoping for March. But anyways... he gets to skype with his family once a week. So I got to sit with him today as he talked to his family in the states. it was such a neat experience. It was reminding me of when we got Kiah's referral picture and we had to wait and wait before we could see her. How nice it would have been to skype her once a week and at least get to see her. I think that it will help with the transition also because he at least knows what his family looks like and has been talking to them for the past few months. I'm so glad that I was able to experience that.
 
Week number 2 is off to a good start. Getting more and more adjusted. Thanks for all you thoughts and nice emails I have received from so many of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...