Monday, February 15, 2010

Beijing exploring!

Me and my roomates are off to Beijing in about half an hour for the next 2 days to do a bit of exploring. : ) Since we had this whole week off of work for Chinese new year, we decided to take advantage of it and are going to spend a few days in Beijing. Today we are going to go to the silk market which is apparently pretty well known and do some shopping. I'm going to try and get a lot of my souvineers. We will then stop at Wangfujing St. on our way back. I've already been there but BB has not and it's very close to our hotel and apparently at night that have really cool "snack" things such as a scorpion on a stick. No, I will not be trying that, but think it would be interesting to see. I guess they are famous on this street. We will then be spending the night in the hotel that Grace set up for us and will then go to Forbidden City and Tiannaman Square tomorrow morning. Grab some lunch and then we're going to go to one of my favorite places I'm sure, the PEARL MARKET! You know how much I love my pearls. We wil then go to the Temple of Heaven which is also famous in China and is right next to the pearl market before heading home tomorrow evening.
 
I'm excited for our little adventure! Thank you for all your sweet emails. It makes me feel not so far away from home when I hear from people. Keep them coming! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures of this little tirp and will post them when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...